The main aim of the session is to equip emerging sustainability leaders from around the world with the skills and knowledge needed to begin to address the challenges, explore the opportunities, and develop the leadership necessary to take action on climate change and sustainable development issues.
The objectives of the International Session are:
- to provide a core group of emerging leaders from across the world with action-oriented learning on key areas of population, climate change and development.
- to provide an opportunity for participants to learn in a cross-cultural and cross-sectoral environment to enable understanding of interdependency and the need for concerted and coordinated action by government, civil society, business and other stakeholders.
- to build and strengthen networks linking together individuals and institutions to support exchange of experience in responding to the challenges of sustainable development.
By the end of the international session participants will have:
- Increased their knowledge and awareness of sustainable development challenges and opportunities, particularly on population and climate change issues in the developing country context.
- Enhanced their communication and influencing skills to inspire and engage people.
- Increased their self awareness and confidence to adapt to different contexts, cultures, and challenges.
- Increased their ability to think differently and work with others to generate innovative solutions.
- Developed a toolkit of practical approaches and methods for dealing with complex challenges.
- Increased access to a strengthened network of global sustainability leaders.